PlaytestCloud is a platform that lets gamers worldwide try out games and help game studios improve them by providing feedback. Over 60% of the studios listed in the App Store Top 100 grossing games charts have tested their games with PlaytestCloud.
- We’re the premier user testing provider for mobile games - we help game studios worldwide make the best games they possibly can
- We build our own technology that adds screencast recording, security features, and player instructions to games
- We’re bootstrapped and profitable, with 300+ paying game studios and 1,000,000+ playtesters
We’re looking for a Full Stack Engineer (f/m/d) to help bring exciting new features to market. Tasks that you might work on include, but are not limited to:
- Develop new functionality for the PlaytestCloud platform web application backend and frontend (Ruby on Rails and Angular)
- Implement user interfaces based on mock-ups from our UI/UX designer
- Make your own architecture and design choices
- You enjoy working in multiple programming languages and frameworks
- You have a customer-focussed mindset and like to bring valuable features to market
- You have 3 years of experience working in software engineering (internships and personal projects also count)
- You have experience with backend web development (any MVC framework such as Django, Laravel or ideally Ruby on Rails)
- You have experience working with front-end frameworks (for example React, Vue.js or ideally Angular)
- You are located within ±2 hours of the Europe/Berlin time zone
- You are interested in learning about mobile development (Flutter, iOS, Android). Prior experience is not required though
- You like video games and would enjoy working in the gaming industry
Here comes the fun part! If you love a less-formal work environment, flexible work hours and location, a competitive compensation package and benefits - and most of all, being the authentic you - we want to meet you. Here are some of our perks & benefits:
- Hybrid work model: We offer the option to work up to 100% remotely. Nevertheless, you're also welcome to work from our office in beautiful Berlin-Charlottenburg
- You get a budget for professional growth opportunities, conferences, team building, and, if you wish, German language lessons
- 27 vacation days + additional time off on December 24th and 31st
- You get a MacBook Pro, two screens, and all equipment you need to do a great job. Additionally, you get a budget to set up your home office environment
- Strong culture: We have a feedback-driven company culture that is open to trying new paths, where the best idea wins
- Team events, (board) game sessions and other fun activities for everyone who wants to attend
- Pet-friendly office
- Birthday Presents and Anniversary Charity Donations
- Summer & Winter parties
- Liberal policy around working from countries that are not your primary residence (workstations)
- Our company language is English
DO YOU NEED TO MEET ALL HIRING CRITERIA?
A common question you might be asking is: “Do I need to meet all the requirements to apply?”
Our answer is, studies by several different sources have shown that, on average, men will apply for a job if they meet 60% of the application requirements. By contrast, women/non-binary people will seek to match a much higher percentage of the requirements before applying. We encourage everyone to apply and give us a chance to evaluate your skills and experience. We are all learning on the job, and although the listing above has been carefully compiled, we are also open-minded and interested to hear about the value you can bring to the role, and to PlaytestCloud.
Note: We read every application ourselves and do not rely on automated CV screening.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
At PlaytestCloud, we welcome diversity, and believe everyone should have a fair chance at setting a high score. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for everybody who works here or with us, regardless of race, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion (or lack thereof), political affiliation, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, or any other protected characteristics. Join us and make the future of mobile gaming diverse, inclusive, and exciting.
If you want to reach out to our Diversity & Inclusion buddies, please send a message to people[at]playtestcloud.com with your request or ask us to jump on a quick Zoom call with you.
GET IN TOUCH WITH US
If you have questions regarding the job opening or our recruitment process drop our Talent Acquisition Manager, Malvica a line at talent[at]playtestcloud.com and we will get back to you soon.